Director of Ancillary systems management, Medisys Health Network.
Master of Business Administration, St. Joseph’s College
Certified Imaging Informatics Professional (CIIP) ABII,
Registered in Radiography R.T. (R), ARRT
Certified Microsoft MCSE, MCDBA
Certified Epic Radiant, cupid, Ambulatory EMR, Wisdom
Has also been teaching imaging informatics since 2007 with a 90% passing rate on the CIIP. Alexander Tune has a background in both clinical and technical disciplines having been a radiologic technologist and PACS administrator.
Presently Alexander is responsible for all clinical ancillary systems for radiology, cardiology, lab, dental, OBGYN, pharmacy dispensing, fetal monitoring, endoscopy, respiratory, EEG, and Dietary.
Responsibilities include managing the day to day operations of the ancillary systems department and staff which manages multiple systems, servers and workstations for the various clinical departments. Other responsibilities are the management of several ancillary modules within the enterprise Epic EMR, specifically Dental (wisdom) Radiology (radiant) and cardiology (cupid).
List of Achievements
- Implemented and enterprise GE PACS system for Medisys Health Network
- Upgraded and redeveloped the interfaces for the enterprise lab system to be Meaningful use compliant.
- Implemented the epic RIS module radiant and integrated it with GE PACS and powerscribe dictation system.
- Developed a successful workflow for the OBGYN department using radiant and ASOB system.
- Implemented the epic dental module wisdom for two hospitals and multiple offsite clinics.
- Implemented the epic cardiology module cupid and integrated supply management system Qsight. Integrated hemodynamics (maclab), stress measurements from MUSE system, and cardiology PACS (Siemens syngo dynamics)
- Implemented a centralized blood gas gateway for IL GEM analyzers.
- Implemented and designed interfacing for the provation endoscopy system.
- Implemented and integrated the CBORD dietary system with epic EMR.
- Implemented the EEG and EMG Cadwell system.
- Upgraded and optimized the GE fetal monitoring system and the Medilinks respiratory system.
- Published Articles in Professional Journals
- Have presented Seminars, webinars and live courses for Medical Technology Management Institute (MTMI) of College of Healthcare Professions, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Developed PACS administrator training course and CIIP review for Medical Technology Management Institute (MTMI) of College of Healthcare Professions, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Arizona Computer Services (ACS) , Phoenix, Arizona
- Medical Technology Management Institute (MTMI) of College of Healthcare Professions, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
“Great Integrations” Advance for Imaging and Radiation Oncology, vol.20 no.2, Feb. 2010