Phd - Instructor
- VP, Advanced Data Analytics & Data Engineering, Stanley Black & Decker (SBD)
- Former Director Data Sciences, Aetna
- PhD, Machine Learning, Temple University
- MBA (ABD), Carnegie Melon University
- MS in Computer Science & Engineering, University of Belgrade
- BSc in Computer Science & Engineering, University of Belgrade
Aleks at SBD currently leads the company’s efforts to drive savings through advanced Big Data Analytics. His team is responsible for providing scalable enterprise wide data lake / warehouse platform and leveraging machine learning / AI tools to solve various business problems.
Prior to joining SBD a year ago, Aleks worked at Aetna, where he was responsible for overall analytics solution in health care fraud, waste and abuse detection. In three years he grew a team from 5 people to 15+ people and exponentially increased the savings from $20M in the first year to $75M in the third year. He significantly expanded the initial fraud program to over fraud waste and abuse across multiple segments.
He is passionate about applying big data technologies and AI in driving a business value.
He has co-edited a book on cyber security analytics, written 8 book chapters and published over 50 research data science articles, which were cited more than 4,500 times. He holds a PhD degree in machine learning from Temple University.
Frequent speaker at national data science and analytics conferences.
- Invited Speaker/Panelist at Chief Data Analytics Officer events, Boston, Nov 2019 & Florida Jan 2020, virtual event - August 2020
- Invited talk at the Gartner CIO Executive Summit, October 2019
- Invited talk at Open Data Science Conference (ODSC), Boston, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Invited Talk at Cognitive Computing AI Analytics Symposium, Temple University, November 2017
- Invited talk at Predictive Analytics World in Health Care, New York City, October 2017
- Talk at the Strata + Hadoop World Conference, Ignite event, New York City, September 2017
- Keynote talk at IEEE International Conference on Health Informatics, Park City, UT, August 2017
- Invited talk at Big Data Analytics Summit, Philadelphia, May 2017
- Talk at National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association Conference, Atlanta, November 2016
News, Articles, and Professional Memberships
- HealthWire / ArcWeb: Aetna is taking on insurance fraud with machine learning
- CIO Applications articles:
- Quo Vadis Data Science?
- QuantumComputing in Data Analytics
- Forbes.com Technology Council member and DataRobot Advisory Council member
- Technical Board advisor: Anomaly / Redesign Health, R2.ai
- Consulting Data Science: Delaware State University (2006–2011), Tesla Science Foundation (2010-2012)
Advisory Board Member for MS program in Health Informatics at Drexel university, 2017-present