Mr. Bernard Wanyama
CCNA, JNCIA, VSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT
Founder & Managing Director of SYNTECH Associates Ltd
Instructor: Cyber Security, IT Audit, IT Risk Management
APMG Accredited Trainer for CISA & CISM Courses
Cyber Security Expert
Bernard is a seasoned professional in the IT industry with a strong focus on cyber security, information security and systems integration. He has over 15 years of industry experience and has previously held IT management roles with Barclays / ABSA and Bank of Africa.
He was worked on projects for clients such as Google, UNICEF, Coca Cola, MTN, Airtel, Fred Hutch Cancer Research, Andela, Kerzner International and Deloitte.
He is an active member of ISACA, serving on the Kampala Chapter Board and on ISACA International Volunteer Committees. He is also a regular speaker at ISACA CACS Conferences and an accredited trainer for CISA, CISM and CRISC courses.
- Developed and implemented cyber security architecture for dozens of large and medium size organizations in the EMEA region
- Led teams to perform dozens of penetration tests and remediation’s projects for clients in the EMEA region
- Trained over 50 CISA / CISM students in the past 6 years
- Lead organizer for the Annual East Africa Information Security Conference from 2011 to 2018
- Design and development for several Contact Centers for clients in financial services, retail, non-profit and government sectors.
- Technical Lead for Barclays / ABSA Sub Saharan Africa WAN Refinement (satellite to fiber / MPLS)
List of Achievements
- Director at SYNTECH ASSOCIATES, based in Kampala, Uganda - IT & Cyber security Firm
- Board Member for ISACA Kampala Chapter for 7 years
- ISACA International Volunteer Committee Member
- Speaker at ISACA CACS Conferences
- Trainer for ISACA Kampala Chapter for 7 years for CISA, CISM, CRISC & COBIT 5 Foundation
- Member of Leadership Development Advisory Council (LDAC) ISACA International
- Kerzner International (One & Only Hotels)
- Government of Uganda (Ministries of Public Service, Lands & Internal Affairs)
- Google Africa
- Sterling Global Operations
- Knight Frank
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research (USA)
- Coca Cola
- East Africa Development Bank